Posted on : February 15th, 2017
Sandwiched in-between National Gumdrop Day (February 15) and National Cabbage Day (February 17) is National Almond Day (February 16)! You might think that almonds sound about as exciting as gumdrops or cabbage, but there are many reasons to go nuts about almonds! Keep reading to learn how almonds can help your heart, health and any hungry mouths you must feed.
1. Almonds come in many forms, including almond milk, paste, flour, butter, oil or meal. Foodies love almonds for the texture and taste they add to recipes.
2. Almonds are naturally gluten free and a great substitute if you suffer from a gluten allergy or peanut allergy.
3. Almonds support heart health by being cholesterol-free, having only 1 gram of saturated fat, and 13 grams of unsaturated fat (per one ounce serving). Good news since cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death among men and women in the U.S. – reason enough to grab a handful of almonds!
4. Almonds give you energy throughout the day – whether you’re working, exercising, chasing after kids, going to school or in multiple meetings, there are 6 grams of protein packed into every ounce of almonds.
5. Almonds are a great go-to snack. If you’re in a hurry, just trying to eat healthier or stick to a strict eating plan, a handful of almonds (about 23 of them) has just 129 calories.
6. Almond butter can be used to make many delicious recipes. Here’s a taste-bud teaser: drizzle almond butter over a banana, place a few chocolate chips on top and stick it in the freezer for an afternoon or after-dinner dessert.
7. Almonds can be quickly and easily ordered online. You don’t have to be bombarded with all the label claims and brands at the grocery store – simple order almonds or almond butter from Maisie’s Janes and know that you are getting a safe, healthy, and delicious product.
There are a “hull” lotta ways you can use almonds So, get crackin’ and celebrate National Almond Day by treating yourself to this versatile nut in whichever way is most appealing to you.
Maisie Jane’s California Sunshine Products, Inc. was founded on strong beliefs and passion for offering unique, flavorful, top-quality, almond products. We strongly believe in earth-friendly practices that start on our family owned and operated orchards. We use Organic farming practices and continue in the process by using all natural ingredients with no preservatives or GMOs. We believe in honest, friendly, and helpful customer relations at all levels. We take pride in every task, every day, with every person.