12 Low Carb Ways to Enjoy Almond Butter
Posted on : April 12th, 2018
Almond Butter is really one of my favorite things to eat! It’s a delicious source of protein, fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fats so scarcely a week goes by without me indulging in some shape or form. But because I’m on a low carb diet, and my favorite use for almond butter is mixed with jam on a lovely slice of bread or waffle, I’ve been experimenting with some lower carb alternatives. Lucky for me, that’s not hard to find! And because Maisie Jane’s unflavored almond butters do not contain sugar or salt it’s easy to use in both savory or sweet recipes. Here are just a few of my favorite ideas:
- Add almond butter to oatmeal for a delicious burst of flavor.
- Pair almond butter as a dip with slices of apple for a healthy snack.
- Whisk it with sesame oil and soy sauce to use as a dipping sauce for tofu or meat satay.
- Mix 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1 tablespoon almond butter + 1 teaspoon blackberry fruit spread – yum!
- Mix 1 tablespoon almond butter with 1/2 cup coconut cream and serve with mangoes.
- Slice a whole sweet potato lengthwise in fourths so each resembles a piece of toast. Bake the slices at 450°F for 20 minutes flipping once. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of almond butter and 1 teaspoon dried shredded coconut or coconut chips
- Blend it into your morning breakfast smoothie.
- Use almond butter instead of tahini to make a really tasty hummus dip with fresh veggies.
- Make a super easy nutty pesto by adding almond butter to chopped herbs, garlic and grated cheese.
- Use it to make a truly awesome granola bar!
- Make almond butter cookies! Mix 1 cup almond butter with 1 beaten egg and 6 Tbsp sugar. Spoon 1 Tbsp per cookie onto a greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. Bake 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Add it to this delicious coconut curry!